What is an orthotic?
An orthotic is an orthopedic device that supports or corrects the function of a limb or the torso. Manchester Orthotics provide orthotics to:
- To improve function and quality of life
- To assist movement
- To improve mobility
- Control, guide, limit and/or immobilize an extremity, joint or body segment
- To restrict movement in all or certain directions
- To reduce weight bearing forces
- To aid rehabilitation from fractures after the removal of a cast
- To correct the shape and/or function of the body to provide easier movement
- To correct the shape and/or function of the body to reduce pain
- To stretch tight muscles
Our experienced orthotists will work with you to ensure the perfect orthoses is selected to meet your needs and requirements. We will take the time to explain how best to use your orthoses and what are the aims of your treatment.